*This is also referred to as Credit Transfer or Advanced Standing.
All applications for RPL at UNSW are subject to UNSW Recognition of Prior Learning (Coursework Programs) Policy and Procedures.
In addition, the following conditions apply for all UNSW Science programs (including the Science component of dual award programs):
- Time Limit
Defined as time elapsed from completion of course to commencement of Science program.
- Specific Credit (e.g. Core Course) 7 years
- Unspecified Credit (e.g. General Education or Electives)10 years
2. Maximum Recognition of Prior Learning Permitted
- 50% of the coursework component of the Science program, excluding honours years.
- For dual award programs that include a Science component, it will be a maximum of 50% of the Science component of the dual degree, excluding Honours.
Students who are readmitted into a Science program after a period of unapproved absence or deferment, or after exclusion, will not necessarily retain RPL that was previously approved. The time limits above may be re-applied at time of re-admission.
Applications for RPL will only be assessed for students who have accepted a place to study in a UNSW Science program.