Students who wish to enrol in more than 18 UoC in a standard term must obtain approval from their Program Authority prior to enrolment.
For Science students, this permission will only be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- have completed at least 48 UoC at UNSW (advanced standing is not included)
- have an overall WAM of 65 or above
- have demonstrated capacity to succeed in full-time study by successfully completing 48UoC in the past three terms
These criteria may be waived by the Associate Dean (Academic Programs) if a student:
- will be within 6 UoC of completing their program at the end of the term in question, or
- transfers between programs and needs to take specific courses to progress within the new program.
If approved, students will only be allowed to enrol into an additional 6 UoC per term.
Approval to overload DOES NOT also constitute approval to enrol in timetable clashes, full classes or courses without meeting the pre-requisites.
Postgrad Online students following the Hexamester Calendar
Students who wish to enrol in more than 6 UoC per hexamester (up to a max of 12 UoC) must seek approval.
For Data Science students, this permission will only be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- have completed at least 12 UoC in a UNSW Postgraduate Online program (advanced standing is not included)
- have an overall WAM of 75 or above