How to Structure Your Degree
Students of the Bachelor of Science and Business complete 24 courses over three years if studying full-time. This includes the following components:
- 16 Science courses (includes at least one major)
- 8 Business courses (includes four Foundation courses).
Upon graduation and subject to your academic performance, you'll have the opportunity to apply for an additional Honours year of study. Discover more about what’s involved in undertaking an honours year.
Choosing Your Courses
- Select your major from the list of available majors in the UNSW Handbook.
- Foundation Business courses should be taken early – ideally, start these in your first year.
- Use the Undergraduate Degree Templates to help you map out your degree.
TIP: When using the Handbook or the Degree Templates, always select the year you commenced studying Science at UNSW. Follow these rules throughout your degree.
Following Degree Requirements
All rules are outlined in the Handbook, and we encourage you to use this in conjunction with the Degree Templates to ensure you are selecting courses that count towards your degree. If you’re approaching the end of your studies, you can request a progression check, and our staff will provide an outline of your remaining degree requirements.