Incredible opportunity for 2 medical science students to intern with PSI CRO during Term 3, 2020 as part of the Science Work Placement Course SCIF2199.
Opportunity Type: Science or free elective (SCIF2199).
Ideal for: 3991 Medical Science students who are interested in a career in clinical trial research and management.
Deadline: 11:45pm, Thursday 6th of August
PSI CRO is a leading Contract Research Organization with more than 22 years in the industry, offering a perfect balance between stability and innovation to both clients and employees. PSI is one of the few companies working on the frontline of medical science, changing lives and bringing new medicines to those who need them. As a dynamic, global company founded in 1995, we bring together more than 2,000 driven, dedicated and passionate individuals. We are the company that cares – for our staff, for our clients, for our partners and for the quality of work we do.
Your time at PSI will be working closely with the clinical trials team, and shadowing the role of a clinical trials administrator (CTA). This experience will provide with the opportunity to develop a deeper insight into the workings of the clinical trial process and network with a variety of medical research stakeholders.
2 unpaid intern positions are available.
Work days and the number of hours worked is flexible and will be negotiated between the successful candidates and the intern supervisor. The work placement should take place during Term 3 2020 (between the 14th of September and 26th of November 2020), however the exact start and end date is also negotiable.
The roles are based at PSI CRO's Sydney Office in Macquarie Park, North Ryde.
The scope of responsibilities will include:
- Direct interaction with various project stakeholders. Including communication with hospitals, vendors, clients and team members participating in various research projects.
- Preparation, maintenance and filing of study related documents, including the electronic Trial Master File (eTMF), Investigator Site Files (ISF), and other essential clinical trial documents.
- Attending study related meetings including making meeting arrangements and the preparation of draft agendas and meeting minutes.
- Maintaining, tracking and distributing project team’s documents, working files, trackers, calendars and schedules.
- Facilitating coordination of ethics, regulatory and research and development (R&D) submissions where relevant for clinical trial projects.
- Coordinate various activities within clinical research projects including assisting the broader clinical trial team, engaging in clerical and administrative duties (handling the telephone and voice-mail, logging and, providing general project administrative support: photocopying, shredding, transcribing, etc.).
The ideal intern will have:
- Excellent English skills.
- A detail-oriented mindset and ability to do paperwork.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- A client-oriented, problem-solving approach.
- The demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Applications are open to Medical Science students only (program code 3991). Students must also meet the below requirements for SCIF2199:
- have completed a minimum of 48 units of credit;
- have a credit WAM (65 or above);
- have space in their program for a science or free elective
If you have any questions about the above eligibility requirements, please contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via this online form. You will be asked to submit a brief Resume and Cover Letter. The Cover Letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this opportunity with PSI CRO?
- What do you hope to gain during the work placement?
The Student Academic and Career Success Team provides lots of resources to help you with job applications.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11:45pm Thursday 6th of August.