For six weeks over the summer holidays, UNSW Science offers Summer Vacation Research scholarships to talented undergraduate science students. You will gain valuable research experience while working with our renowned research supervisors at UNSW Sydney or our industry partners.
Each scholarship is $3,800 for a six-week research project.
Project Details and information on how to apply is available on the UNSW Scholarships website.
Please note that applications for summer 2021/22 have now closed.
To be eligible:
- You must be currently enrolled in second-year or above of an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Science or a science-related discipline at UNSW or another Australian university
- You must be able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor)
- Projects must focus on research-based activities (administration tasks are not regarded as research) and should be completed by the end of February
- Each successful candidate can hold only ONE such scholarship at a time
- Students who were previously awarded a UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship are not eligible to apply.