Science - Master of Philosophy
Do you want to try independent research, but you're not quite ready to undertake a PhD?
There are many reasons to take a Master of Philosophy by Research, and some of the outcomes of the program are:
- to provide an alternative to the MSc (by research) as a precursor to undertaking (or transferring into) a PhD program
- to provide advanced knowledge within scientific disciplines beyond that obtained in undergraduate programs
- to develop competence in the conduct of research, within the framework of Science
- to provide opportunities for the design of discipline-based research projects that meet the needs and interests of individuals
- to provide an alternative to the honours program for students who have previously completed a BSc and wish to proceed to a research degree.
- Masters Degree (Research)