The New Innovator Competition for 2015 has now closed. Congratulations to our 5 Finalists:
|Crystal Ronika Ram||East Hills Girls Technology High||Electronic paper|
|In Hee Baek||St Patrick's Marist College Dundas||A filter mask and skin lotion which reduces the level of micro-dust penetration.|
|Stephanie Chan||Sydney Girls High School||ULTIFIT: a 3D Virtual Reality fitness program.|
|Sarah Callinan||St Ursula's College||Blok Bottle: a redesign of the typical plastic milk or water bottle.|
|Claire Rocuet||St Joseph Regional College||The HelioFlash: a solar powered emergency apparatus|
5 x $4000 awards for up to five young women who fit the eligibility criteria. We will also be offering five runners-up the chance to join our 50:50 mentorship and industry immersion program, should they enrol at UNSW.
The Student Entrepreneur Development (SED) team at UNSW Innovations is also offering winners and runners-up who enrol at UNSW:
- One on one guidance and mentoring from the SED team
- Access to SED resources including access to the locked UNSW Student Entrepreneur social media group
- Introduction to mentors to further assist in bringing your idea to reality from the Mentors for UNSW Entrepreneurs Network
- Access to free web hosting, freelance and workshop credit once your startup is incorporated from our partner services providers Google, SoftLayer (IBM), UpWork and General Assembly
- Invitations to UNSW Student Entrepreneur events and programs throughout the year
- A free legal guidance session for a potential startup with the UNSW Student Entrepreneur Legal Centre (SELC)
About the New Innovators Competition
The judging panel reviewed all valid entries and selected the five winning entries and five runners-up based on the following criteria:
We asked to hear your ideas for STEM-based solutions to real-world problems.
We are offering 5 x $4000 prizes to the five young women who share the most innovative solutions to real-world problems! If you are a young woman enrolled in Year 12 at an Australian high school you are encouraged to share your idea - no matter how big or small.
We will also be offering five runners-up the chance to join our 50:50 mentorship and industry immersion program, should they enrol at UNSW.
Entrants could submit ideas in the way that worked best for them. We accepted submissions via video, poster, essay, website or even a photo with a description.
Got questions? Want feeback?
Please Contact us