UNSW in partnership with the Australian National Maritime Museum and Science 50:50 ran the annual Women in Science Symposium on Friday 23 March. 480 high school girls registered for the event.
The Symposium encouraged high school girls to explore a career in science through interactive talks from female scientists and live science demonstrations.
Speakers at the event included:
- Adrienne Harrison-Gatt (Sydney Water)
- Ayse Dereli (UNSW)
- Catherine Isaac (Cochlear)
- Catherine Skidmore (Liberty OneSteel)
- Erin Prince (UNSW)
- Fiona Stapleton (UNSW)
- Lisa Williams (UNSW)
- Michelle Bull (Quantal Bioscience)
- Nicky Warton (UNSW)
- Paulina-Dziuda (SAS)
- Sarah Reeves (Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences – Powerhouse Museum)
- Tilly Boleyn (Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences – Powerhouse Museum)
The talks were live streamed to high schools and the public on YouTube. You can watch these talks by clicking on the following links: