Science Writing Fellowship
UNSW Science will support a limited number of DECRA applicants to come to UNSW to write their applications. The following support will be provided:
- Within the Sydney basin - $1,000
- Outside the Sydney basin and interstate - $3,500
- International - $5,000
Recipients will be expected to spend a suitable amount of time at UNSW working intensively on their applications. They should provide a mature draft of their application to Peter Baverstock and to the GMO by mid-February for a full compliance check. Schools will be expected to provide applicants with adequate resources (e.g. desk and internet connection) to support this process.
Applications for this Science Writing Fellowship should include an applicant CV (maximum 4 pages plus bibliography), covering letter (with travel plan) from the proposed mentor with the application form (found below) completed and signed. These should be sent to Morgan Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB Friday 13 December.
Visiting Research Fellowship
- Academic standing of the applicant.
- Academic standing of the host plus outcomes of previous hosting if relevant.
- Proposed length of stay. It is expected that stays will be at least 1 week for international and 2 weeks for Australian visitors. A preference will be given to longer stays.
- Proposed activities – collaborative research grant writing and publications will be considered positively.
- Previous visits by the applicant to UNSW. A preference will be given to first time research visits.
- Commitment from the Head of School to host and provide appropriate facilities.
- A cover letter from the host outlining
- Schedule of activities and expected outcomes. The plan should include mention of delivery of a seminar to be publicised to the Faculty;
- Indicative budget for the visit. Daily allowances should relate to UNSW rates;
- Details of previous visits to UNSW, if any.
- Copy of academic CV of proposed visitor (4 pages maximum plus bibliography).
- Copy of academic CV of Faculty host.
- Letter of support from the Head of School specifying the facilities to be provided.