Visiting Research Fellowship
Applicants seeking to visit the University from an overseas or Australian organisation may apply. One fellowship may be awarded to an applicant in a two year period. Eligible hosts are Faculty of Science academic staff, who may be named on one application per year. Visiting Fellows are expected to be on campus full-time during the period of the fellowship, and must visit for a period of no less than 1 week.
- Academic standing of the applicant.
- Academic standing of the host plus outcomes of previous hosting if relevant.
- Proposed length of stay. It is expected that stays will be at least 1 week for international and 2 weeks for Australian visitors. A preference will be given to longer stays.
- Proposed activities – collaborative research grant writing and publications will be considered positively.
- Previous visits by the applicant to UNSW. A preference will be given to first time research visits.
- Commitment from the Head of School to host visitor, provide support and appropriate facilities, and strategic alignment with School priorities.
- A cover letter from the host outlining (1 page maximum)
- Schedule of activities and expected outcomes. The plan should include mention of delivery of a seminar to be publicised to the Faculty;
- Indicative budget for the visit. Daily allowances should not exceed the maximal UNSW rates, and will generally be expected to be smaller per day for longer period visits.
- Details of previous visits to UNSW, if any.
- Copy of academic CV of proposed visitor (4 pages maximum plus 4 page maximum bibliography).
- Copy of academic CV of Faculty host (4 pages maximum plus 4 page maximum bibliography).
- Letter of support from the Head of School specifying the facilities to be provided and alignment with School priorities (1 page maximum).
Visitors will be reimbursed by Schools using normal UNSW procedures. The Faculty will transfer the allocated amount to a nominated account upon receipt of a brief report outlining the outcomes of the visit which will need to be received within 4 weeks of the completion of the Fellowship. Visits of less than 1 week will not be reimbursed by the Faculty.