The Faculty recognises that it is through awards at national level that researchers raise their profile, and also those of the Faculty of Science and UNSW.
A more visible research profile provides important opportunities for collaboration and new research in the future.
The Faculty offers the Dean’s Award for National Achievements in Research, which is open to any current Honours or Postgraduate student, or current staff member of the Faculty of Science.
The student award is valued at $500, and the staff award at $1,000.
The process for applying for the Dean’s award is as follows:
- A competitive research award is given at a conference or via an academic society, to a postgraduate or honours student, or staff member of the Faculty.
- The relevant Head of School is notified by the awardee, and makes a judgement on whether the award is appropriately significant. (eg it is expected that a typical school might propose up to 10 significant awards each year.)
- With the Head of School’s agreement, the awardee completes the award form and attaches a copy of the certificate they received. This is then given to their Head of School.
- The Head of School forwards the case to the Dean for consideration/approval for Faculty recognition.
- The recipient is notified of the Dean’s award via email.
- Faculty arranges payment as per the completed award payment form. (follow the appropriate link, either for student of staff)
The relevant forms are available to download via the links below:
Note: please send the forms to Rob Young on firstname.lastname@example.org - not Catrine, as specified on the form.