Please note: the information on this website is indicative only. Please check the UNSW Timetable for the most accurate and up to date availability of these courses.
Flexible study courses are particularly helpful if you:
- want to fast track your degree
- need to catch up on a course you have missed, or been unsuccessful in
- are looking to complete your general education requirements outside of session
- are undertaking a dual program of study or enrolled in a concurrent diploma
- began your studies mid-year
- need a flexible timetable due to other commitments
Flexible Study Course Offerings:
Summer 2018/19 will be the last 8-week summer teaching period before the new UNSW3+ academic calendar is introduced.
Some first year courses which have historically run in Summer will not be offered in Summer 2018/19. Instead, they will be running twice, or even three times in the new 10-week terms in 2019.
Information on 2018/19 summer offerings can be found here.
Summer 2019/20 will be a shorter, more intensive teaching period.
Course offerings for this period are not yet finalised. Please check back here in 2019!
We get it. Sometimes you just want to study from the comfort of your living room!
UNSW Science offers a range of fully and partially online courses.
*Note: Some online courses require in-person attendance for the final exam, during the official UNSW final exam period. Please check the relevant UNSW Handbook entry and course outline for more information on exam attendance requirements.
Online Science Courses for non-Science Students
The online courses below are available to non-science students as general education. Science students are not permitted to enrol in these courses.